Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
Hi friends, today I am sharing my simple recipe for vegan baked sweet potato wedges. This recipe requires only 4 ingredients! So delicious, super filling and easy to make! These are perfect for meal prepping too! I like to make a big batch of them and keep them in the fridge to add to meals throughout the week.
So, I am first off going to say YES.. I know.. my baked sweet potato wedges are a liiiiiiitle on the crispy side ( or you may say burnt ;) ) but I like 'em that way! You can always cook them for less time if you prefer them not so crispy... it's all based on what you like! Do you boo boo!
Also, I have recently stopped using olive oil, and switched over to using avocado oil! I like this avocado oil spray from Chosen Foods (although I bought mine at my local Whole Foods Market ). This avocado oil from Chosen Foods is 100% PURE avocado oil, first cold-pressed, then naturally refined, and has a smoke point of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit - which means it’s much safer for cooking than other oils. :)
Anyways.. back to the wedges....
What you'll need:
1 medium sized sweet potato
Himalayan pink salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees.
- Wash and scrub your sweet potato with the skin on.
- Cut up sweet potato into wedges (or cubes if you want) leaving the skin on!
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the wedges on the sheet.
- Lightly coat the wedges with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes then flip and light spray again.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes (you can flip them one more time if you want).
- Then let them bake for another 20 minutes or until they have browned to your liking! :)